AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I can't get sound out of my A35. Simple HDMI connection in and amp assignment hasn't changed, etc. I can't think of a thing I've left out troubleshooting wise.

I'm also using the Movie button and toggling between sound formats.

I've got picture..............no sound. I can't fathom dragging the old A-1 out of the closet!

·
Registered
612 Posts
All of a sudden I can't get sound out of my A35. Simple HDMI connection in and amp assignment hasn't changed, etc. I can't think of a thing I've left out troubleshooting wise.

I'm also using the Movie button and toggling between sound formats.

I've got picture..............no sound. I can't fathom dragging the old A-1 out of the closet!
read the last few posts of the a3/a35 thread and see if those suggestions help.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
read the last few posts of the a3/a35 thread and see if those suggestions help.
Thanks, did so. Nothing helped, and I looked at everything and pulled the plug for 24 hours. Plus I plugged in my bluray player into the same input and got audio, so I'm settled on the fact my A-35 took a dump.

I just placed an order on Amazon for Bluray replacements for the 14 HDDVD's that are must haves. There's another half dozen on the second tier that I'll look into soon.

I may pull out the A-1 for the rest of them, since I can apply Dolby Surround upmixing to PCM output. Or I may not......those slow lead times on the A-1 are forever in today's terms!
I bid farewell to my two HDDVD players and movies. Just as I did with HiDef VHS, I hit the wall and decided to declutter and move on in life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts