AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is DILARD.com down or is it just me? I haven't been able to access it today. I need to get my copy "activated".

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Maybe Mark is finally getting his new site on-line.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Big ice storm in NC

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Big, big ice storm.

"Biggest in North Carolina HISTORY"

Houses bashed in with sheared trees. Power utility hardware smashed on the roads from the split poles.

Our web host is in Durham. They still don't have electricity, and their generators/UPS probably didn't have enough juice to stand 48 hours of outage. Unfortunately, phones are down there as well, so I can't even complain.

Raleigh was brought back on-line this morning.

Milori.com remained up as that is hosted in Austin, TX.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The Dilard for Hitachi rain dance was more powerful then we thought

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Hunter
Big, big ice storm.

"Biggest in North Carolina HISTORY"

Houses bashed in with sheared trees. Power utility hardware smashed on the roads from the split poles.

Our web host is in Durham. They still don't have electricity, and their generators/UPS probably didn't have enough juice to stand 48 hours of outage. Unfortunately, phones are down there as well, so I can't even complain.
time for a solid DRP
Quote:
cool beans, the only thing you have to worry about is Hurricanes ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dog2, an observation...

Why would it be called Dilard (i.e., D-ILA Research(?) and Development(?) for the Hitachi??? Shouldn't it LCOSRD???

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Too close to LOSERED for my tastes !!!! Gotta consider the subliminal marketing angles

I still cant forgive Mark for picking Colorfacts over Masterbrator :p !!!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:
Hey Mark, if you ever visit your server here in Austin, let me know! I'd be happy to take you out to lunch or something for all the projector info and help I've gotten from you.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Toddalin - I think Phreddy is right on that one.

Plus, what if the system continues to evolve even further in the future? We would end up with alphabet soup items like DLPRD , GLVRD, CRTRD and OLEDRD. :D

Adding some vowels, we get DiLaPirdated, GLoVeRD, CRiTteRreD and OLEDZeppeRlined. Whew!

Chris - I don't visit the Austin server often (OK, ever!), but I do make it down that way every now and then, usually on business. Thanks for the offer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.