AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the Canadian Sat/HDTV forum often mentioned here has disappeared, anyone have any info?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't really have an answer for you, but I've lost it as well. Comes up with some sort of generic domain park site.

I had something similar happen a couple of months ago, when some favorite bookmarks suddenly came up to a bogus search engine site; seems something had gotten into my computer that caused the diversion. I cleared my browser's cache, history, etc, but the problem went away on its own after a few days. Not sure if this is what's going on with the kusat forum (their main site is still fine), or if maybe they forgot to renew their domain in time.

EDIT:

Hmmm, based on DP1's post above, it seems our browsers have, indeed, been hijacked. :mad:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Don't download that "gator" crap........it will fill your computer with every piece of junk ad garbage in the world, until it crashes and burns!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
I can't get to it.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan, maybe your picking up a cached version, seems to be quite gone for others, do you see any recent posts on it?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yeah that was my bad. It was just as you say. I pulled it up but didnt bother to access any actual posts. Once I did that, I was DOA too.

Sorry bout the confusion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
FYI, it's working again for me, with fresh posts.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
I just tried again with no success. 5:30pm ET

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been accessing KuSat all day today with no problem. The number of new posts, however, has been extremely low today so there certainly appears to be an access problem somewhere along the line. I can assure you, though, that it's still up and running, and there were new posts even a few minutes ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.