AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Where's the color?

614 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  David Bott
Someone break out Colorfacts and calibrate this forum!

the colors are way to dull for us hometheater nuts! after all, I think most of us are very visual thinking people.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Not sure what you mean. The default color for the forum is the same as the other forum was.
Question marks aren't blue, in fact all the icons same color, all smilies same color, no flaming threads, etc. Just looks very monochromatic to me. maybe I'll get used to it.

What does that file folder mean with what looks like a bullet hole through it?

Maybe I'm a dumba$$$ but I hit post reply button on top and bottom and it doesn't work. It doesn't connect you to this thread. I had to go to my original post and hit quote then remove the text to fill in my new stuff. I hope this works. I'm very confused.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
Question marks aren't blue, in fact all the icons same color, all smilies same color, no flaming threads, etc. Just looks very monochromatic to me. maybe I'll get used to it.

What does that file folder mean with what looks like a bullet hole through it?

Maybe I'm a dumba$$$ but I hit post reply button on top and bottom and it doesn't work. It doesn't connect you to this thread. I had to go to my original post and hit quote then remove the text to fill in my new stuff. I hope this works. I'm very confused.
Yes its still a really bad color layout like it was before. It is hard to read when there is much light in the room even on a bight monitor.

The theory in past post is that it that it replicates the dark gloom mood that plagues so many movies these days. A lot of Hollywood people may be depressed and like dark gloomy images, but I want something that is much easier to read than dark on dark.
See less See more
Did either of you even READ the ANNOUNCEMENT?????

Not sure about the reply link...I hav e no issue with it and used it here.

Now I know you are referring to the icon colors and not the forum colors in general.

Oh well...READ the announcement about the other items..but this will help.

"You now can set a STYLE other than our default colors. We have one other "Style" that is selectable at this time and will be adding others down the road. Please note however that the "styles" only pertain to the forum itself and not other areas like the Classified Ad section. It should also be noted that when we make changes to the site, we do it based on our DEFAULT style and not to the others. So, some graphics may or may not look correct on a lighter background for example.

Other nice little things include a live calendar (Hint...make sure you have your birthday set in your profile.) and full forum searches. You may also notice little black dots on the posted thread icons, these mark threads you posted in. (note, will only show after you logged in and are cookied.) Also new is a polling feature and rate this thread feature."
See less See more
The biggest color difference I see is that my scrolling bar colors now match the lavender and yellow. Very cool!

Something weird, though. When I first logged on to the new forum, it correctly showed my number of posts, about 1070 or so. But after I posted one time, the number dropped to 960 and my status changed.

All in all I give it a thumbs up. Seems to run faster and has so many new toys it will take me a while to learn them all.

:rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me how great this forum is and how much time and effort you guys put into it.

That's one BIG thumbs up! :p

Dan
See less See more
"But after I posted one time, the number dropped to 960 and my status changed."

Now that I find interesting.
:confused:

Yes.

I miss the burning folder when there are more than 15 replies.

I guess I'll get used to it.

The colors do look different to me also.

Can't put my finger on it.
See less See more
You browser needs to support and be set to use style sheets. Like IE 4 and above and NetScape 4 and above. (from what I know.)

Icons are icons. Give me a break with those. :D It was hard enough getting it this far. LOL :cool: (Yawn)
Has anyone else noticed that the coloring looks a little like the pictures of "The Nate" (David Bott's Home Theater)?

Quick David, What's your favorite color?!? :D

(On a more serious note, I know what kind of work can go into something like this, and the effort certainly shows! This site is awesome.)
Thanks Mark. :D
It could be black and white and it would still be the best forum on the net. :)

Chris
After all, that's how most of us see things!:D
I do miss have the threads I'm following show up white. They all look alike now. I read the announcement, but maybe too fast. Is there some way to mark the ones we are watching but not posting in?
"It could be black and white and it would still be the best forum on the net."

And you now have that option under STYLES in the user CP.

Tacking threads can be also done in the CP and by clickoing on an icon.

Seeing that the pages are all made in real time now, it is hard to make the Vistinged Link color stay from when you come back. Not sure what is to be done their as of yet.
See less See more
Ok, I now have the other posting icons on-line. :)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.