AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first HD reciever I had, back in 1999, had a res selector, including "native" output, right on the front panel. (1080i in, 1080i out. 720p in 720p out, etc) However, the last two recievers in my system have a tiny switch on the back for 720p OR 1080i. No native. I have to change that little switch when going between ABC and the other networks. (PQ is better when the reciever is not scaling.) Are there still "native" outputs on recievers? Are they easy to reach, or somewhere on the back? Why have they gone away?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Sony HD-300 includes native among it's choices, can be switched via remote. Don't know if the LG or Hughes will do it by remote, but they should at least be able to with the front panel controls.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Looks like he has a Samsung T160 - think he is stuck with the switch

The LG and Hughes sister boxes to the HD-300 do not have the output selector on the remote (they say it is because only the Sony has the flip top and they didn't want the button exposed). The LG and Hughes you have to push the button on the front of the box. However, with the different variable and native formats, there is really not much of a need to switch around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.