Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Its late and I dont'know where to find the screen capture of Jeffrey Lebowski as Man's Time of . . . er,.. Time's Man of The Year, jeff bridges looking in the cheapie mirror with that very slogan at its top.

My first weekend with the new dvdcrunchin monster, and I cant stop watching . ..

can anyone get back to me by tuesday or sometime?

I'm running Powerdvd . . . and Win 98.

nuff asked ... ?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Alfretto:

___First, setup the Capture to in the Capture tab of the configuration (Hammer and Nail icon). Do you see the small camera (Capture frame on the mouse over) on your PowerDVD player’s front end? Just click it off and you have yourself a nice screen shot of the DVD’s overlay that is playing at the time. You can also use the fast shortcut key “C†without the quotes.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're a funny guy, Wayne, and a hoot to read and to figure out with your "spot on" where to go-s.

But the dummy's question here is, where or which directory do I go to to find the *capture*?

. .. . too lazy and too much fun to really go after it this morning, I'm new to PC dvd-ing (already thinking about the all-too *apparent* reasons to go big [data-grade] screen) but wanta know where I find that screen capture ( I wanna play with the screen saver and backgrounds for a day or two.).

and Wayne, go to SLEEP!!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Alfretto:

___Boy did I blow that one http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif You can either capture to clipboard and either File --> paste or Ctrl – V to the Photo application of choice. If you are capturing to a directory, you can find out where it is going by looking at the default or your choice of directories in the Configuration --> Capture Tab --> Capture to File … Here is the instruction link directly: PowerDVD screen capture …

___I do need some sleep, don’t I http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

[This message has been edited by xcel (edited 05-21-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayne -

If you need sleep, let me try this one on ya! I've got an aunt whose friend has a HT rig using an older P3, Tnt card-ed . . . .

just kiddin' .. . thanks, now I can pontificate to myself using the screen captures on the various Lebowski-isms I'd give upon receiving Time's Man of the Year award . . as Jeffrey Lebowski!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummmm, . . . I forgot to ask what the least path of resistance is to get ahold of an all - region dvd drive.

I have the sites for flashing my current Toshiba 10** drive, but I'm wondering if I . . ..

ebay it? in search? .. .

any help is greatly pershated, and possibly responded to in kind.

Wayne, you've already gone beyond the call, you're due for what my current company calls *reward n recognition.

I nominate you for the *Fireman HT-er of the Week."

Accept?

·
Registered
39 Posts
is there a way to capture in ati dvd player ? I tried fullscreen and nothing so I tried with the ati player on the screen and it captured the desktop and the player but not what was playing- just a dark screen. Anyone ?

OLK

·
Registered
266 Posts
The new version of Hypersnap-DX allows screen captures of video overlays in all DVD programs which was previously not possible. Do a search at for it and youll be able to download the shareware version.

The reason you get a blank screen has to do with Macrovision I think.

Martin

[This message has been edited by deeopey (edited 05-21-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.