AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the threads here lately and I am very glad I did. I am very close to buying a Plasma TV. I say "whew!", because I went to Home Electronics and was directed from LCD to Plasma by the salesguy on duty. He directed me to the Samsung HPR4272. He stated "all the negative publicity normally associated with Plasma had been corrected, with this 3 week old technology."

He then stated that the new technology doubled TV life to 60,000 hours which the spec sheet confirmed. I inquired about Burn In, and my reluctance to go Plasma, because I am a "GAMER" and the HALO XBOX screen is up alot. He said, "This new TV was Burn Resistant, because of new pixel shift technology." Once again, the spec sheet confirmed this.

I have been continuing to read the forums on AVS because the price of $2880 that he quoted me has me foaming at the mouth. I am researching this because $3000 is ALOT of money. I have stumbled upon a thread about Samsung's and their DNIi technology. I was like Gulp "whew!"

I called Samsung and a tech ( not from the TV dept, but he did call someone ) confirmed that this technology CANNOT be turned off. This is a deal breaker for me, because something about CLAY FACE ( I have no idea what this is, but it sounds bad!) is unfixable on a SD (what is this?) signal.

So if Samsungs are not an option. My question becomes this. Which other plasma manufacturers have created pixel shift technology and have 60,000 viewable hours at a reasonable price?

This is my first post. I am new so be gentle. Please over simplify your answers because simpler is better for me. Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Panasonic plasma is a great suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.