AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 /forum/post/19616510

You can't go wrong with any of them. Pick the model you think looks the best. Maybe if you have a brand preference. I personally prefer the Panasonic due to reliability and the way it looks.

do you know if the gt25 suffers from the same fluctuating black levels the g25 did(not the rising blacks, I already know it will have that)

also do you know which has the best 2d>3d performance? That's something that I do intend to use every now and then

I currently have an LG pk550...... it's got terrible TERRIBLE reflections that make it almost unusable during the day. i can't find anything on the px950 in regards to the AR filter, will it be better?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 /forum/post/19616534

with the panny u get a pair of eye wear avtar 3d and a 3d blu-ray player

are you sure?

it doesn't say that on the sites I'm looking at(I'm in canada, maybe it's different in the US?)

if that's the case then I'd go with that.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
From the multitude of articles I have read about 2D to 3D conversion, it is a waste. It will not come close to a true 3D Blu-Ray disc. I would try to get the Panasonic with the Avatar 3D movie package. It really is the most desired 3D and if you don't care for the movie you could sell the disc for hundreds of $$$ on Ebay.

As mentioned above all seem to be very good 3D HDTVs. The LG is getting some good reviews and is good at eliminating cross talk. I know the VT-25 is supposed to be the best of the 3D HDTVs, but I have no idea how the GT-25 compares to it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/19616814

From the multitude of articles I have read about 2D to 3D conversion, it is a waste. It will not come close to a true 3D Blu-Ray disc. I would try to get the Panasonic with the Avatar 3D movie package. It really is the most desired 3D and if you don't care for the movie you could sell the disc for hundreds of $$$ on Ebay.

As mentioned above all seem to be very good 3D HDTVs. The LG is getting some good reviews and is good at eliminating cross talk. I know the VT-25 is supposed to be the best of the 3D HDTVs, but I have no idea how the GT-25 compares to it.

I know it's not as good.....but I had a samsung 3d LCD and loved using it(I did return the tv because the input lag was unbearable for gaming though)

·
Registered
263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyInTheChair /forum/post/19616569

are you sure?

it doesn't say that on the sites I'm looking at(I'm in canada, maybe it's different in the US?)

if that's the case then I'd go with that.

I'll confirm...just got my panny GT25 with the 3d bluray player and glasses kit, plus avatar for $1599 and free shipping from amazon...will let you know when everything arrives as to the quality and what's included in each box...

here's the invoice:

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping

Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible

Subtotal of Items: $2,148.50

Shipping & Handling: $68.66

Super Saver Discount: -$68.66

Promotion Applied: -$362.03

Promotion Applied: -$186.49

------

Total for this Order: $1,599.98

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic DMP-BDT100 Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player"

Electronics; $186.49

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV, Black"

Electronics; $1,599.98

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses)"

Electronics; $362.03

·
Registered
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes

um...what?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I had the same options and went with the Samsung pn50c7000, and I'd do the same again. Image quality is comparable to the Panny VT series, but you don't have the rising or floating blacks. Plus Samsung supposedly has the best 2D to 3D conversion (but I haven't tried that feature out yet).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernninja
I'll confirm...just got my panny GT25 with the 3d bluray player and glasses kit, plus avatar for $1599 and free shipping from amazon...will let you know when everything arrives as to the quality and what's included in each box...

here's the invoice:

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping

Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible

Subtotal of Items: $2,148.50

Shipping & Handling: $68.66

Super Saver Discount: -$68.66

Promotion Applied: -$362.03

Promotion Applied: -$186.49

------

Total for this Order: $1,599.98

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic DMP-BDT100 Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player"

Electronics; $186.49

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV, Black"

Electronics; $1,599.98

Delivery estimate: December 13, 2010 - December 16, 2010 1 "Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses)"

Electronics; $362.03

but thats in the us

im in canada

·
Registered
362 Posts
If I was you I will go for the bet of the bet right now, and thats the TC-PxxVT25. Any size you consider is good for you. It has the most amazing picture, image quality I have ever seen. The LG PX950 is a mayor improvement from the PK550, so if the Panasonic is out of your range you can go with the LG. By the way, the LG has a beautiful design.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos
If I was you I will go for the bet of the bet right now, and thats the TC-PxxVT25. Any size you consider is good for you. It has the most amazing picture, image quality I have ever seen. The LG PX950 is a mayor improvement from the PK550, so if the Panasonic is out of your range you can go with the LG. By the way, the LG has a beautiful design.
the vt25 is basically the same price but i dont know if i want to give up 2d > 3d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.