AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out which 3M adhesive is used in the Carada screens to bond the vinyl reinforcement for the snaps. I need to use some to reinforce my Stewart Firehawk that received a puncture in it. Any help is much appreciated!

-Brad

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just thought I would ask around first prior to asking Carada. Wasn't sure if they would be too happy about helping the owner of a competing product. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll be going with one of their 2.35:1 screens in my next house, so really they would just be assuring a future purchase.

Thanks guys!

Brad

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I don't think he'd mind. I help answer questions for him all the time and he is competeing with my products! :)

He's a great guy and I am sure will be happy to help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out he considers it a proprietary part of his screen making process. I can understand that, so not a big deal. David is a really nice guy and was very curtious in his e-mails.

Anyone know an adhesive tape that could be used in salvaging this screen? All help is appreciated.

Jason, thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Not sure what the nature of your puncture is, but as a last resort you may wish to try a waterbed mattress repair kit (placing a patch on the back side of the screen).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.