Optoma UHD60 versus Benq TK800.

Which one would you recommend?

Or would you suggest another one?

Thanks for your help!

Camillo

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
The Optoma UHD60 is larger, quieter, and has a bit of lens shift to assist with installation. It has no 3D and around 56ms of lag.

The BenQ TK800 is smaller, brighter and has no lens shift but does have an auto keystone feature. It does feature 3D and has around 44ms of lag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Optoma UHD60 is larger, quieter, and has a bit of lens shift to assist with installation. It has no 3D and around 56ms of lag.

The BenQ TK800 is smaller, brighter and has no lens shift but does have an auto keystone feature. It does feature 3D and has around 44ms of lag.
Thanks for your reply!

Which one has the better picture quality?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Thanks for your reply!

Which one has the better picture quality?

I can only speak to the TK800 as it’s the only one I’ve had in my theater.

My guess would be the UHD60 would be better in a darkened room while the TK800 would have the edge in a brighter room. Of course, if dark room picture quality is your primary concern you should be looking at their sister models the UHD50 and HT2550.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am deciding between two 4K projectors for home use:
Optoma UHD60 versus Benq TK800.

Which one would you recommend?

Or would you suggest another one?

Thanks for your help!

Camillo

Go for UHD60. You won't be disappointed. Check the discussion on reddit. Sorry, can't post the link here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had both of them, The TK800 had some hand shake issues and at one point just froze and I had to unplug to turn off. It got very hot and fan noise was loud. The 3D image was darker than I expected.I returned it. The UHD60 was very larger. At first I had some image issues but once I purchased a fiber optic HDMI cable the image was stunning, its fan noise was very low. I highly recommend the the UHD60 it had the best image I have seen from a project. HDR/4K was great but it is BIG. I kept for 14 months ..

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I had both of them, The TK800 had some hand shake issues and at one point just froze and I had to unplug to turn off. It got very hot and fan noise was loud. The 3D image was darker than I expected.I returned it. The UHD60 was very larger. At first I had some image issues but once I purchased a fiber optic HDMI cable the image was stunning, its fan noise was very low. I highly recommend the the UHD60 it had the best image I have seen from a project. HDR/4K was great but it is BIG. I kept for 14 months ..

I mean, to be fair, it sounds like your hand shake issues had more to do with your HDMI cord seeing as though you ended up replacing it with a fiber optic cable after purchasing the UHD60.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Point taken, but I also tried the fiber optic cable with the tk800. I had the uhd60 for 13 months prior to using the tk800. I wanted to compare it to the uhd60 as it was new, smaller and had good reviews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts