AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to spend between $6,000 - $8,000 for a 50" Plasma HDTV, which ones should I consider?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome back Lazarus :)

That question has been asked quite a few time in the last few days here. What you will find is that the Fujitsu, panny and pioneers will get recommended and then some Samsung supporters will chime in saying that you should not discount these because they have seen them and they are as good as the others etc. If you are interested in those discussions then set the day count at the bottom of this forum to, say, 5 days (that's only six pages) you should be able to find all of them. Just hit CRTL F and search for 50" on each page. The forum search engine treats 50" as two characters and does not allow a search with just two characters so, given that your question has been so popular recently, this method is probably the quickest way for you to see a variety of answers. Then keep posting in the thread that interests you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw your post, but wanted some more feedback. I will do a search for other threads now that I know how to do it!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What's the scoop on the Samsung HPN5039? I haven't seen it in stores but the price is about the same as the phd6uy, and the specs look interesting. How old is this panel? Is the pq more panny-like or pio-like?

1366 x 768 pixel resolution

Just 3" deep

1200:1 contrast ratio

800cd/m2 brightness

DNIeâ„¢ (Digital Natural Image engine)

DVI-HDCP (digital visual interface)

Class B certified for residential applications

Fan-less design

Dual Analog Tuners Built-in

Rear panel RF connector

On-board Amp 10w x 10w

Output for Powered Subwoofer

2-year warranty

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jlazarus
I will do a search for other threads now that I know how to do it!
Hi Lazarus. I suggested that way of searching due to your need to find out more about 50" plasmas in general and the fact that it was a common recent question. Once you have found those threads using my suggested method you should then use the actual forum search function with the model numbers that you find (such as the one recommended by ConceptVBS) and you will find even more info. Usually I recommend that ppl do one of the slower searches but most of the info on the latest 50" plasmas is pretty recent so that should not be necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.