AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my nearly six year old Davis DLS8 to something HD. I want the better colors and brighter image of more modern projectors but I'm not willing to give up smoother pans of 72 hz. I am fan of the image on DLP projectors and looking to stick with one. Which projectors will do 72 hz?

·
Registered
29,391 Posts
Is there a particular reason you're looking for 72hz rather than 48hz? I can tell you that the Mitsubishi HC3000U will sync to 48hz.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McKean /forum/post/0

I'm looking to upgrade my nearly six year old Davis DLS8 to something HD. I want the better colors and brighter image of more modern projectors but I'm not willing to give up smoother pans of 72 hz. I am fan of the image on DLP projectors and looking to stick with one. Which projectors will do 72 hz?

Many old-school CRTs can handle the order.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Reading the stuff about 4x vs 5x, such as the case of the HC3100, it appears that a lower color wheel speed would be preferred for a DLP solution, so long as it's not so slow that your specific sensitivity to rainbows is not agitated. That, and the wheel whine will be a lot lower if a lower grade product. Besides, the source material is 24Hz progressive, so 72Hz should provide zero benefit over 48Hz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.