AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm looking for a reasonable priced receiver that can do the following:

3 zones - family room, sun room, backyard

be able to watch one source but play audio from another (ie watch football but have music playing)

watch one tv source in family room, but another in sunroom (i have dtv receivers in both rooms)

connect to my itunes library

have an iphone app that can control everything via wifi

cost under $500

i have a regular 5.1 setup in the family room, 2.1 in the sun room (with tv), and 2.0 outside (just speakers). I'd like to be able to have the same music playing from all 3 rooms, but have the game on tv.

thx!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you're going to find a 3-zone receiver for under $500. Something like the Yamaha RX-V671 has two zones for under $500, but a 3-zone receiver will run you at least $1000 as only high-end receivers have that feature to my knowledge.

As for using separate audio sources and video sources at once, as long as the audio source is analog i.e. via an RCA cable from an iPod dock , nearly all receivers should be able to do that. It would be wise to verify it in a store if possible, however.

If you want to take the audio from an HDMI source, here is a good thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1297533/hdmi-receiver-that-will-allow-different-audio-and-video-sources

but again, you will be looking at a very high-end receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts