AVS Forum banner

22101 - 22120 of 22605 Posts

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
Hi guys quick question. I want to hook up my turntable with RCA cables via an hdmi adapter to my receiver only. No analog input on receiver. Which one is budget friendly that would work? I have a pre amp already. Thanks!
This work?
Nope. You'll need the opposite of what you posted - the phono preamp has RCA outs so the converter would go from RCA in to HDMI out.....and the one posted seems to be for video application as it has a yellow (usually video) jack that you wouldn't need.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi guys quick question. I want to hook up my turntable with RCA cables via an hdmi adapter to my receiver only. No analog input on receiver. Which one is budget friendly that would work? I have a pre amp already. Thanks!
This work?
View attachment 3142991 View attachment 3142992

Reactions: Peja and afterlife2

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,712 Posts
I like the original better, but still pretty darn good!

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts

Love Letters-Beyond High Demand EP
March 2021

File under: Electronic, House & Techno

Reactions: Rodrigues_Brazil

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
This work?
View attachment 3142991 View attachment 3142992
What receiver doesn’t have RCA inputs? The pictured device won't work it is for HDMI input and RCA outputs only.

Reactions: afterlife2

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971

Another 50 YO album in NM condition.👍😁

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Apparently telepathy is among your Arcane powers as this is the other album I picked-up.
Albert Collins, Robert Cray, Johnny Copeland - Showdown!, CD. Not impossible I've heard this all the way through before somewhere but the only tracks that seemed familiar are ones I have on Alligator compilation discs so probably a first listen. Decent album on first impression but inferior to the better solo albums of all involved.
Morgan

·
Premium Member
16,881 Posts

If You Knew My Mind is the debut album by Grayson Capps, released in 2005.

AllMusic Review:
It takes less than 30 seconds for the debut album from this New Orleans-based singer/songwriter to pull you in. A lone harmonica blows over a softly strummed electric guitar as a lazy rhythm section props up the beat. Grayson Capps' weathered voice then enters: "Yesterday was a very fine day indeed, I got a pint of beer, went outside and brushed my teeth." That about sums up this impressive yet unassuming bluesy debut from one of the many musicians who sound like what New Orleans feels like: languid, a little grimy and dangerous, but with a sense of history and self that wafts up from the streets.
Those who listened closely to the soundtrack of the movie A Love Song for Bobby Long will recognize Capps, as his music was used to excellent effect in that rather obscure flick. In fact, "Lorraine's Song," the most recognizable tune on that soundtrack, is a Capps composition and gets a suitably impressive and subtle performance here, as does the song whose title inspired the movie. He has a way with a drowsy melody, and after a few spins, these tracks gradually take hold.
Certainly anyone who has explored the back streets of New Orleans will recognize the downtrodden characters who populate this album. Capps mythologizes their misery and sadness in songs that are heartfelt and edgy, but he never shortchanges melodies in exchange for gritty, often poetic lyrics. Guitar solos, such as the one in the Crazy Horse-styled "Buckshot," are short, tight, and succinct, just like the band that ably supports Capps. His voice sounds like he just woke up and started singing before his first cup of coffee, but that adds to the effect. The album loses a little steam as it winds down, yet this is still a stirring first effort. It conveys the sense, sounds, and dark allure of New Orleans and many of its residents more effectively than a stroll through the French Quarter.
Grayson Capps (age 53) is an Americana and blues rock singer-songwriter. Capps was born in Opelika, Alabama, to parents who were students at Auburn University. He became interested in theater in high school in Fairhope, Alabama and received a degree in theater from Tulane University. While at Tulane, Capps started a blues-rock band called Stavin' Chain. He stayed in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina.

In 2004, several of Capps' songs appeared on the soundtrack of the film A Love Song for Bobby Long, starring John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson (who was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress), which was based on a novel written by Capps' father.

Autographed. :cool:

22101 - 22120 of 22605 Posts