AVS Forum banner

5481 - 5500 of 10668 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hmmm..again. Where I come from, the live '73 at MSG is "The Song Remains The Same" movie.
Well, the movie was released in 1976, the same year as the album. Live footage for the movie was shot in 1973.

There is a DVD available that says " '73 live at MSG" I was wondering if this was the full concert or the movie that contained some of this content.

Reactions: Rodrigues_Brazil

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The Moody Blues - in Search Of a The Lost Chord - Vinyl

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Of course not :rolleyes: (and please don't forget, Chris Squire R.I.P.)
Holy CRAP, how did I do that :(. Chris Squire and Geddy Lee are my favorite bass players of all time.

Yes and no, IMO. The guitarist (in the 2nd one)...NAILS it; right down, to the Gibson ES. Bass player (on a Rick), is good too.

Drums in the 1st vid are better, IMO; guess the guy had his reasons, for going E. And the singer's voice, is a little higher (strays even further, from Jon's).
IMO, second guitar and bass were far superior, the Ricky didn't hurt either (looked like a 2002 stereo, same model I once owned)
Drums and vocals I felt were about equal, I liked and disliked each for different reasons.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas, CD. Given the love that it was getting here I had searched this album out on YouTube and was able to hear the whole album there, but hadn't heard the actual CD until last night. Very impressed with the mastering, instruments are clear, despite the onslaught, and has no problem being turned-up, had it at -08 with no strain. Quite a full range of sound, too. House was shaking in some of the atmospheric moments, don't remember it doing that with the YouTube version. :)
Morgan

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts

Arnold Schoenberg
Violin Concerto
Isabelle Faust, violin
Daniel Harding, conductor
Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra

Verklarte Nacht (Transfigured Night)
Danusha Waskiewicz, viola
Jean-Guihen Queyras, cello
Christian Poltera, cello
Antoine Tamestit, viola
Anne Katharina Schreiber, violin
Isabelle Faust, violin

Feb. 2020

File under: Modern (Serialism, 12-tone row)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Various Artists - Pearls in the Snow: The Songs of Kinky Friedman, CD. Had been thinking about this disc recently, but don't know if I would have thrown it on without Clarence's nudge. I picked it up at The Bargain Store something close to two decades ago for a couple bucks. I was excited to see it as, although I was aware of him and had read one of his novels, I had never heard his music (before YouTube, etc.) and some of the tracks were performed by him or The Texas Jewboys. The other artists are a relatively eclectic group, heavy on Country artists like Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Guy Clark, Marty Stuart (who gives an impressive performance of, and full bodied arrangement to, a touching ballad), but also people like Chuck E. Weiss (of Chuck E.'s in Love fame) and Tom Waits. The songs range from beautiful, heartfelt pure Country tunes to lowbrow, but pointed, humour that would indeed be considered as offensive now as when they were first written, but mostly for different reasons.
Morgan

·
Registered
690 Posts
OST - Round Midnight, CD. I'd be surprised if it hasn't been a couple decades since I listened to this album. Used to have it on cassette. Arcane, I think, was listening to it a couple weeks ago, which inspired me to see if I could find a reasonably priced copy, which I did. Really fabulous album, providing a sweet mid-'80s take on Be-Bop. Fabulous collection of musicians spread throughout the album with Herbie Hancock (who lead the project) on almost every track, Dexter Gordan in fine tone, Chet Baker, Bobbie McFerrin, Freddie Hubbard, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and a stunning performance by Lonette McKee.
Morgan

5481 - 5500 of 10668 Posts