Premium Member
6,945 Posts

Sun City Girls-Wah
Nov. 2002

File under: Experimental Rock

·
Registered
687 Posts
Mose Allison - The Complete Recordings 1957 - 1962 (Disc Two), CD. Had been thinking about a home recorded (not by me) cassette that was kicking around when I was a teenager with Young Man Mose on one side and Creek Bank on the other. When I tried to find those albums this seemingly remarkable, inexpensive collection was about the only Mose available from that era, and, in fact, had both those albums on the same disc. When it arrived it became apparent that it was a fairly inexpensive third party release. But, the sound quality is pretty decent, whatever the source material, and there ain't really other realistic options for purchase.
These two albums are fine examples of Mose Allison's strengths with fine, slightly bluesy Straight Jazz instrumentals mixed with bluesy vocal numbers sung with the absolute epitome of laid back cool. Easy to enjoy.
Morgan

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Funny; he's my favorite, KC drummer ;):cool:
Yeah...saw Bruford with Genesis, Yes, ABWH, on a '79 solo tour (front row center intimate club date) and with KC (Discipline tour) - an all time favorite drummer along with Billy Cobham, G Baker, J Porcaro and a few others.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Birthday time. Today is the the day for two golden haired, pretty boy, front men. One is 76 years old today, the other is 26 today. What the heck happened in those 50 years???. One I am listening to, the other I would hit over the head...... with a speaker. Can you guess?

Hope you guessed Roger Daltrey.:D And for you older farts, like me, the second guy is Justin Bieber. If that rings a bell.:)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Dorothy - RockIsDead

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Birthday time. Today is the the day for two golden haired, pretty boy, front men. One is 76 years old today, the other is 26 today. What the heck happened in those 50 years???. One I am listening to, the other I would hit over the head...... with a speaker. Can you guess?

Hope you guessed Roger Daltrey.:D And for you older farts, like me, the second guy is Justin Bieber. If that rings a bell.:)
Yeah, I kinda figured ;)

From concert at Winterland in San Francisco, when it was the beautiful city by the bay...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum - Vinyl

5501 - 5520 of 10538 Posts