4,773 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts

Reactions: Rodrigues_Brazil

·
Registered
687 Posts
Christone "Kingfish" Ingram - Kingfish, CD. First listen. An album that certainly lives up to it's hype. Superior debut album from a talented guitar player who was already a veteran performer at the age of 20 when this album was released. The songs are all original, mostly co-written by Ingram, but do a solid job of covering the gamut of traditional electric and acoustic blues. Buddy Guy contributes vocals and a solo to one track, but Ingram seems to have no problem keeping up to him, Keb Mo plays on various tracks and sings on an especially lovely love song that seems more like something Steely Dan or The Eagles might have produced (but, you know, in a good way :) ). Ingram has no problem ripping out a blistering solo, but his delicate touch delivering more melodic ones is impressive. A little more Dynamic Range might have been nice on this disc, but it's really not something to complain about with this release, overall sounds good, very three dimensional at times. If there is any kind of criticism to be made of this album it would be the relative lack of originality, a lot of it sounds like something you've heard many times before, all be it executed superbly and with feeling. The impression Ingram leaves, though, is that he has the talent and understanding to obtain a greater conception of his craft and art as he matures. As much as I'm looking forward to what might be discovered with more listens to this album, I'm even more looking forward to what Ingram comes up with in the future.
Morgan

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Amazon Prime-Cut rate Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Super Moderator
15,950 Posts
Flipper: Gone Fishin'

Haven't listened to this one in a long time.

S~

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Bobby Womack's birthday today. Fellow Buckeye (if Cleveland counts:rolleyes:) Way underrated, and has worked with just about everybody from the 50's/ 60's till his death. Sam Cooke, Stones, movies, solo career, one of the last people with Janis Joplin the night she died.

Nothing playing at the moment. Going to head into main room in a few and just search "Bobby Womack". Every result will be a treasure I'm sure.

Yep, duets with Van Morrison, Aretha, Patti Labelle, Todd Rundgren...the list is really endless. I know this isn't technically cd/vinyl, but isn't really about finding something new and great? Just gonna let Amazon Prime run for awhile. Every track is just beautiful. Kick me out for not following the rules if you must.:)

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
My dad really loved this stuff. I didn't, haven't listened to any of this stuff in probably about 50 or so years.

Reactions: SuperFist
5541 - 5560 of 10560 Posts