AVS Forum banner

8161 - 8180 of 10713 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Beatles, 96/24 LPCM Blu-ray. Just don't tire of this album despite the decades I've been listening to it. Established a template for what adult Rock'n'Roll could look like (something I suspect Buddy Holly would have done earlier, if the music hadn't died). Also has the first (and best) killer side three: needle drop - Birthday - Yer Blues - Mother Nature's Son - Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey - Sexy Sadie - Helter Skelter - Long, Long, Long - needle lifts. After all these years it can still reveal something new, was noticing today what a beautiful love song I Will is, not just a pleasant interlude between Why don't we do it in the road? and Julie.
Morgan

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
You know, I never noticed the phone before. Pretty retro. :)
Morgan
"The model 302 telephone is a desk set telephone that was manufactured in the United States by Western Electric from 1937 until 1955"

No batteries required and it works even if my power goes out;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Come on Feel
The Lemonheads

Come on Feel the Lemonheads is the sixth studio album by The Lemonheads. It was released on October 12, 1993. Produced by The Robb Brothers, the band lineup consisted of Evan Dando, Nic Dalton and David Ryan, along with former bassist Juliana Hatfield singing backing vocals on several tracks.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts

Sunda Arc-Tides
Feb. 2020

File under: Electronic

This is one of my favorite albums of the year so far. It's cinematic with moments that remind me of Jon Hopkins and Nils Frahm

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts

Kendrick Lamar-To Pimp a Butterfly
March 2015

File under: Hip-Hop

·
Registered
4,522 Posts

·
Registered
8,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Eric Clapton - Crossroads - CD Disc 1

·
Registered
701 Posts
Lollapalooza '94THE BREEDERS

Concert Date July 09, 1994
Venue Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
6350 Greenwood Plaza Blvd
Greenwood Village, CO, United States
Tickets $27.50
Doors Open 1:00 pm

I broke my ribs in the Mosh Pit....Last time I ever did That​
American alternative rock band based in Dayton, Ohio, consisting of members Kim Deall (rhythm guitar, lead vocals), her twin sister Kelley Deal (lead guitar, backing vocals), Josephine Wiggs (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Jim Macpherson (drums).

·
Premium Member
15,834 Posts

Great Wall of China is the sixty-eighth release and twenty-sixth soundtrack album by Tangerine Dream, released in 1999.

AllMusic Review:
The greatest aspect of a soundtrack by this legendary German electronic new age ensemble is that you don't need the visuals to fully appreciate the music. Tangerine Dream has had success with both mainstream films like Risky Business and interesting documentaries like this, and brings a blend of mystery, haunting melancholy and throbbing percussive energies to each scene depending on the necessity of the mood. The group is notorious for throwing stylistic curveballs, and it's ironic that only "Silence the Barking Monk" has any true Eastern tinge to it, with its hypnotic chimes and Asian-flavored string instruments. The rest of the collection ranges from the percussion-heavy, spacey symphonic "Meng Tian" (enhanced by emotional though distant ethnic vocal chant) to the contemplative, pop-oriented "Summer in Shauxi." It's all very interesting and enjoyable if you like TD already. But if you pick this one up thinking that the music's bound to be as exotic as the cover art, you might be a bit miffed.​

Tangerine Dream is a German electronic music band founded in 1967 by Edgar Froese. The group has seen many personnel changes over the years, with Froese having been the only continuous member until his death in 2015.

Edgar Froese's son, Jerome Froese, was a band member from 1990–2006. Jerome appeared on the cover of the band's 1973 album, Atem, as an infant:

Born in 1970, Jerome started playing guitar and keyboard in 1982. In 1985, he began playing drums after he got a drumkit for Christmas. From here, he became proficient on both keyboards and guitar, leading up to his induction into Tangerine Dream. Froese's first guest appearance with the band was on their 1989 album, Lily on the Beach, playing guitar on "Radio City". His first official appearance was on Melrose (1990), appearing on tour with the band that same year. Following the departure of Paul Haslinger, Tangerine Dream continued as a two-piece father-and-son band with various musicians guesting in the studio and in concert.

Tangerine Dream are considered pioneers of the early days of electronica. Their albums had a pivotal role in the development of the German musical scene known as kosmische ("cosmic"). Their years with Virgin Records, produced albums that further explored synthesizers and sequencers, including the UK top 20 albums Phaedra (1974) and Rubycon (1975). The group also had a successful career composing film soundtracks, creating over 60 scores, which include those for the films Sorcerer, Thief, Risky Business, Flashpoint, The Keep, Firestarter, Legend, Three O'Clock High, Near Dark, Shy People, and Miracle Mile.

From the late 1990s into the 2000s, Tangerine Dream continued to explore other styles of instrumental music as well as electronica. Their recorded output has been prolific, including over one hundred albums. Their mid-1970s work has been profoundly influential in the development of electronic music styles such as new age (although the band disliked the term) and electronic dance music.

Edgar Frose was quoted by the BBC as having once said: "there is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address". He was friends with David Bowie, Brian Eno, Iggy Pop, George Moorse, Volker Schlöndorff, Alexander Hacke and Friedrich Gulda. David Bowie and Iggy Pop lived with Froese and his family at their home in Schöneberg before moving to their own apartment. Froese also helped Bowie with his recovery and introduced him to the Berlin underground scene.

Edgar Froese died suddenly in Vienna on 20 January 2015 from a pulmonary embolism at the age of 70.
Autographed by Edgar and Jerome. :cool:

Attachments

8161 - 8180 of 10713 Posts