AVS Forum banner

8501 - 8520 of 10648 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
RagtopFE, have you gotten your Nagaoka MP-200 yet? I still waiting for mine. I bought it from a Canadian store. I am anxious to get it installed.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
RagtopFE, have you gotten your Nagaoka MP-200 yet? I still waiting for mine. I bought it from a Canadian store. I am anxious to get it installed.
It's supposed to be delivered between the 6th & 8th.

I've been using that record cleaning system you had told me about. I've got about 30 done, so they'll probably be queued up first.

Reactions: RickD1225

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
^^^ I’m hoping mine delivers by Friday. It left NY last Thursday via USPS. I just bought a new 180 gr copy of DSOTM that may Christen the new cartridge. I was originally thinking it was going to be my NM original copy of the Cars. I am also planning on going to a recently reopened record store to get a Analog Productions 45 RPM Elvis Presley - 24 Karat Hits. If I get that in time it will be first.

I have washed all my albums and even clean brand news ones before playing. I’m in the chemical business and I have access to The proper materials to make my own cleaning solution. The surfactant type is of particular importance.

·
Premium Member
15,826 Posts
vinyl

If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears is the debut album by The Mama's & the Papa's, released in 1966.

Critic Rob Sheffield remarked "The Mamas and the Papas celebrated all the sin and sleaze of Sixties L.A. with folksy harmonies, acoustic guitars and songs that told inquiring minds way more than they wanted to know. And on their January 1966 debut, If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears, they somehow made it all sound groovy."

Bruce Eder wrote in Allmusic that the album "embraced folk-rock, pop/rock, pop, and soul, and also reflected the kind of care that acts like the Beatles were putting into their records at the time." He added that it had a stronger polish than The Mamas and the Papas' other albums, in part because it predated the personal conflicts which tainted their later works.

The album is number 112 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

Michelle Phillips (born Holly Michelle Gilliam; June 4, 1944) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to fame as a founding vocalist in the musical quartet The Mamas and the Papas in the mid-1960s. She co-wrote "California Dreamin'". Phillips garnered critical acclaim for her voice, which was deemed by Time magazine as the "purest soprano in pop music."

Phillips is the last living member of the Mamas and the Papas.
Autographed by Michelle Phillips. Happy birthday, Michelle! :cool:

inspired by MRAYB

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
The Cars - Shake It Up

·
Super Moderator
15,962 Posts
Alice Donut: Revenge Fantasies of the Impotent

Kind of a similar sound to Jane's Addiction

S~

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
R.L. Burnside Too Bad Jim. Burnside dedicated this Blues Album to his Dog who was killed in a drive by shooting in 1993.:frown:
Following with Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now. 2004, John Whitehead was killed in a drive-by shooting (unsolved). 2006, his sidekick Gene McFadden died of liver and lung cancer. R.I.P.

Following with Only The Good Die Young.

8501 - 8520 of 10648 Posts