1,830 Posts
The Animals

Retrospective

SACD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Morgan, I did a thorough “Spin Clean” on both albums. It helped the Brubeck vinyl so it is much better, still lacking in my opinion. The Miles Davis is still horrific. I tried Side 2 also and this was cut so poorly it won’t even start the first song. If I cue it to the middle of the track it isn’t even music???? Never seen this before.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Morgan, I did a thorough “Spin Clean” on both albums. It helped the Brubeck vinyl so it is much better, still lacking in my opinion. The Miles Davis is still horrific. I tried Side 2 also and this was cut so poorly it won’t even start the first song. If I cue it to the middle of the track it isn’t even music???? Never seen this before.
That is pathetic, for sure. Sounds like you bought local, so probably a relatively easy return, anyway. Haven't bought much new vinyl in decades (actually ever, now that I think about it) but bought a couple Classic Records products 10 years ago, or more. Both had similar problems to what you were describing (one was coloured vinyl and I could see a black chunk of something in one of the grooves, had never heard of record release compound at the time) and one was uncentred and the label was way off centre, too. That was an annoying cross-border mail-order return, but they gave me adequate compensation for the mailing and the replacements were fine. Whatever it's sonic and esthetic qualities vinyl can be a major PITA.
Morgan

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

Uh; this kinda ****, right here. Ought to be illegal; it's sooo genius :eek:
One of my favourites of his is, I think, Pendulum Music - it varies in length based on the performance because it's just microphones swinging right in front of amplifiers, and the composition is the feedback caused by the mic. The sound elongates as the swinging slows down. It's great.

or these compositions:

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts

Bruce Brubaker & Max Cooper-Glassforms

Bruce Brubaker, piano
Max Cooper, synths
June 2020

File under: Minimalism

This is a project featuring Bruce Brubaker and Max Cooper and is a selection of Philip Glass compositions interpreted/re-contextualized by the duo.

·
Super Moderator
15,968 Posts
Whey Jennings: Live at the Nashville Palace

Dang he does sound like his grand pappy. Much better sound than Shooter.

S~

·
Super Moderator
15,968 Posts
Kip Moore: Wild World

I've seen him 4 time. Puts on a good show.

S~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last vinyl purchased decades ago until my 7th decade (see my celebratory new issues of Abbey Road and Jimi H with a killer version "Star Spangled Banner". My Yamaha P200 works fine after a new drive belt installed. Lorin Hollander was one very accomplished pianist who crossed over to perform at the Fillmore 2/23/1969.

Attachments

8581 - 8600 of 10702 Posts