AVS Forum banner

8821 - 8840 of 10408 Posts

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Today would be the 79th birthday for "The American Beatle", Harry Edward Nilsson III. Living the rock and roll lifestyle, and being born with heart problems, Harry Nilsson died January 15, 1994 at the way too young age of 52. R.I.P.

Excellent 2 hour documentary of this sad story.
Now in my Netflix queue :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Gotta get this!
If you don't already have the first box set, TG24, I strongly suggest you get that one first. I feel their most creative period was 1977-78 which is represented in TG24. The bad news is that both box sets are long out of print and costly.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Happy Birthday to Lamont Dozier! Mr. Dozier was born 79 years ago today, June 16, in where else but Detroit, Michigan. If not for him and the Holland brothers, Motown would not be the same, if at all. Holland, Dozier, and Holland wrote and produced countless songs for just about every Motown act, including 10 of The Supremes 12 number 1 hits. Twenty-five #1 's altogether. Others include Marvin Gaye, The Four Tops, Martha and the Vandellas, and The Isley Brothers. From '69-'72, HDH used the pseudonym "Edythe Wayne" due to legal problems with Motown.

(L-R) Lamont Dozier, Eddie Holland, Brian Holland
(L-R) Eddie Holland, Lamont Dozier, Brian Holland

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bears Choice:

History of the Grateful Dead [Volume One]

Augustus Owsley Stanley III (January 19, 1935 – March 12, 2011) was an American audio engineer and clandestine chemist. ... Under the professional name Bear, he was the soundman for the rock band the Grateful Dead, whom he met when Ken Kesey invited them to an Acid Test party.

Live album by the Grateful Dead. Released in July 1973 on Warner Bros. Records, it offers concert highlights recorded February 13 and 14, 1970 at the Fillmore East in New York City.

Nice Yin/Yang :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up the Girl

8821 - 8840 of 10408 Posts