AVS Forum banner

12741 - 12760 of 13735 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
vinyl

Yesterday's Hits Today (Phil Spector Wall Of Sound – Vol. 4) is a compilation album by Phil Spector, released in 1974.

The Ronettes - Baby, I Love You (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
The Crystals - Uptown (written by Weil-Mann)
Darlene Love - (Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Heart (written by Greenwich, Spector, Powers)
The Ronettes - I Can Hear Music (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
The Alley Cats - Puddin 'N' Tain (written by Willis, Caulfield, Pipkin)
The Ronettes - Is This What I Get For Loving You (written by Goffin And King, Spector)
The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
The Ronettes - (The Best Part Of) Breaking Up (written by Andreoli, Spector, Poncia)
The Crystals - All Grown Up (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
Darlene Love - A Fine Fine Boy (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
The Crystals - Little Boy (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)
The Ronettes - Born To Be Together (written by Mann And Weil, Spector)
Darlene Love - Wait Till My Bobby Gets Home (written by Spector, Greenwich & Barry)

Phil Spector (age 80) is an American record producer, musician, and songwriter who developed the Wall of Sound, a music production formula he described as a Wagnerian approach to rock and roll. Spector is regarded as one of the most influential figures in pop music history and as the first auteur among music artists for the unprecedented freedom and control he had over every phase of the recording process.

His multi-artist compilation album A Christmas Gift for You from Philles Records (1963) is widely considered to be the finest Christmas record of all time.

While still married to his first wife, he began having an affair with Veronica Bennett, later known as Ronnie Spector. Bennett was the lead singer of the girl group the Ronettes (a group Spector managed and produced). They married in 1968.

Ronnie Spector alleged in her 1990 memoir, Be My Baby: How I Survived Mascara, Miniskirts And Madness, that Spector had imprisoned her in his California mansion and subjected her to years of psychological torment. According to Bennett, Spector sabotaged her career by forbidding her to perform, and she escaped from the mansion barefoot with the help of her mother in 1972. In their 1974 divorce settlement, she forfeited all future record earnings and surrendered custody of their children. She alleged that this was because Spector threatened to hire a hit man to kill her. Spector's sons Gary and Donté both stated that their father kept them captive as children.

He produced the Beatles' album Let It Be (1970), as well as several solo records by the band's John Lennon and George Harrison.

Spector's honors include the 1973 Grammy Award for Album of the Year for co-producing Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh (1971), a 1989 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and a 1997 induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked Spector number 63 on their list of the greatest artists in history.

In 2006, Spector, while on bail and awaiting trial, married his third wife Rachelle Short, who was 26 at the time. Spector filed for divorce in 2016, claiming irreconcilable differences.

In 2009, he was convicted for the 2003 murder of the actress Lana Clarkson. He has been an inmate at the California Health Care Facility (a prison hospital) in Stockton since 2013. In 2014, it was reported that Spector had lost his ability to speak, owing to laryngeal papillomatosis. He is serving a prison sentence of 19 years to life and will be eligible for parole in 2025.

Veronica Yvette Bennett Spector (age 77), known as Ronnie Spector, is an American singer who fronted the girl group the Ronettes with her older sister Estelle Bennett and their cousin Nedra Talley. Together, they had a string of hits during the early to mid–1960s, such as "Be My Baby", "Baby, I Love You", and "The Best Part of Breakin' Up".

The Ronettes broke up in early 1967 and did not reunite until their 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Autographed by Ronnie Spector. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts

Arnold Schoenberg (1874-1951)
Alban Berg (1885-1935)
Anton Webern (1883-1945)

Vienna 1905-1910 String Quartets
Richter Ensemble
Mireille Lebel, mezzo-soprano
Sept. 2020

File under: Second Viennese School, Twelve-tone, Modern
Richter Ensemble

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Getz/Gilberto

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Now something just a tad wilder

Z Z Top - Fandango!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Iannis Xenakis (1922 - 2001) Chamber, Piano Works.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Tony Joe White-Swamp Fox-The Definitive Collection
TonyWhite.jpg

·
Registered
855 Posts
Tony Joe White-Closer to the Truth
TonyWhite1.jpg

·
Registered