AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at adding a amp to power my Diva's 6.1. Right now I have a Denon 3802 and an Acurus A200x5. I have found three amps in my price range that I am considering. I just want to power my Diva's to the best of their ability with one of these amps.

Acurus A250

Acurus A200x3

Le Amps (2)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think your current Acurus should be sufficient to drive the Divas. I'm currently using my Rotel RMB-1095 5x200W amp to drive my 5.1 system, consisting of a pair of PSB Stratus Gold i's, which I believe are even more demanding than the Diva 6.1's. They sound fine to me.

I'm not sure what your price range is. Perhaps you should even try monoblocks? Sherbourn just came out with their 1/300MB monoblocks which are 650 a piece MRSP. Others to look for are those from Parasound and Marantz. Or maybe you could look into the Odysee Stratos amps, from what I've read(not heard) they're hard to beat for price/performance.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
second........ the Odyssey recommendation

check them out, for sure...................

nbnp :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since you have the Acurus A200X5, could you tell me how many watts it can use? I have a A150, and it draws a max of 700 watts. I'm thinking about buying a A200X5 or A200X3 and need to plan what gets plugged into what outlet. I'm curious whether a A200X3 plus a A150 draw more or less current than an A200X5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.