AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently tried the NVDVD trial which has expired. I am now unsure as to my next move. Should I spend $80 (my currency) on the player with the codecs or should I use PowerDVD's video decoder with Sonic Cinemaster's audio pack?

The reason I ask is that PowerDVD's DD passthrough signal keeps dropping out and has to reacquire the signal which is a pain.

I will be using Zoomplayer as the frontend so please, no comments on Theatretek or other players.

Basically, is NVDVD worth $80?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't comment on NVDVD, but have had good luck with th DD/DTS passthrough with the Sonic DVD filter pack on multiple sound cards (CMI8738, Sound Blaster Live 5.1, Audigy 1, FM-801, and CS4624).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have had good luck with NVDVD. If you can wait a few weeks to buy I suggest looking at NVDVD 3 then making a decision. It has alot of nice audio options that NVDVD 2 doesn't. If you search for some of my old threads you will get a list of all the new features on it.

If you can't wait PowerDVD video and Sonic Audio isn't bad, but I didn't like it much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.