AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have the Yamaha E810 with 2+1 speakers system, very nice sound, but there is no HDMI or SPIDF, so I can't use it for audio output from my htpc. For now, I don't need 5.1 or 7.1 capacity, I want to stick to my triangle2.1 system.

Which system would you recommend? denon? yamaha? onkyo?

I don't want to go to high in price.

Also, I might be posting in the wrong place...sorry.

thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vblanche /forum/post/15493764

Hello,

I currently have the Yamaha E810 with 2+1 speakers system, very nice sound, but there is no HDMI or SPIDF, so I can't use it for audio output from my htpc. For now, I don't need 5.1 or 7.1 capacity, I want to stick to my triangle2.1 system.

Which system would you recommend? denon? yamaha? onkyo?

I don't want to go to high in price.

Also, I might be posting in the wrong place...sorry.

thanks

You will definitely have more luck with this in the receivers, amps, and processors forum. With that being said, I have owned both denon and onkyo - both are very nice, although I prefer the sound of an onkyo over denon, but that is just my opinion.

Since you can get a very decent 7.1 receiver for a reasonable price, it might be worth going ahead and getting it so that you have that capability.

Also, if you plan on pulling sound from hdmi vs toslink or coax, make sure that the receiver actually switches and repeats the signal vs just passing it through. Take a look at the onkyo 606 or higher.

On the other hand, if you are purely just trying to get 2.1 sound to your current receiver, why not just run analog cables from your sound card?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I agree with Stanger89. If you don't want to go 5.1 or 7.1, there's little point in spending on a new receiver. The analog audio will sound just as good.

If you do go for a receiver, my reasearch led me to the Onkyo 605 initially and then the 606 a year later. But, the 606 wasn't as compelling as the 605, since by then other receiver makers basically caught up with Onkyo. I only got it for consistency.

You should definitely go to the receivers forum for recommendations. They'll have info on the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. greatly appreciated...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts