AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a receiver with a lot of horsepower.

Five zones.

4 HDMI outputs to TV's.

Running a total of at least 15 speakers + at least 1 sub and preferably 2.

And doing that without resorting to some custom installed Crestron / Niles / AMX solution.

Compromise is likely necessary, but what AVR has the most horsepower today?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I've never heard of an AVR that has 3 independent zones, let alone 5. I think a custom solution is your only option, or perhaps you could daisy-chain four 2 zone AVRs together.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/18298698

In the Denon lineup ....

2809, 3310, 4310 - 3 independent Zones

4810 - 4 independent zones

D'oh! Serves me right for pretending to be an expert.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Pioneer's VSX-23 has 3 zones as well.

There tend to be some limitations on extra zones though. For instance, with the VSX-23 you can generally only pass analog sources to the 2nd and 3rd zones, and IIRC the 3rd zone doesn't provide direct speaker connections - i.e., you need another device anyway. I don't know about the Denon's (or anything else out in the market), but I think we'd need to know a bit more about exactly what the OP is planning to do to determine whether there is a sensible non-custom solution.

Looks like he'd have to use at least 2 AVRs as it is.

·
Banned
439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListeningOne /forum/post/18298555

Yes ... independent sources

I don't know what distances are involved. With the price of HDMI cabling and selectors/switches coming down in price, have you ever considered doing your source selection external to the receiver? You could then use less expensive but qualtiy pre/pros/amplifiers as needed.

Just a thought.

iq100

the best way to delete and idea is to post one of your own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts