AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In particular from Best Buy. Which disc is the one to get: the single disc that is currently on sale, or the discs from the Blu Ray boxed edition?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I haven't seen anything recent about it. Last mention I saw of it was back in '08.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
The discs themselves are the same. The only difference is whether you want to buy them separately or in boxes.

The boxes do not present the movies in any sort of chronological order, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Josh.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Packaging wise, it depends on your preferences. The single releases are very likely the lousy eco-cases. The sets are sharp but the discs are held by a piece of foam that is glued to the cardboard backing. Also keep in mind that MGM is selling the rights off as part of their bankruptcy so if you go for the set you will likely not have uniform packaging.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What? MGM is bankrupt? I thought they were owned (at least, in part) by Sony?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughinghouse /forum/post/18249944

What? MGM is bankrupt? I thought they were owned (at least, in part) by Sony?

Sony was part of a consortium that invested in MGM, and they had a co-production arrangement with them for a while, but they don't own the studio.

Check this out for more on MGM's financial situation:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=8333

·
Registered
17,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth /forum/post/18250320

Sony was part of a consortium that invested in MGM, and they had a co-production arrangement with them for a while, but they don't own the studio.

Check this out for more on MGM's financial situation:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=8333

I can't remember the last time I read an article containing that many spelling and grammatical errors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts