AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems there is none. If there is, let me know.

I know Philips and toshiba does not support DL.

It seems the new Panasonic does not support HD

It seems Pioneer does c/w ATSC tuner.

Who's left?

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
Does the EH55 or EH75 do DL (I have an EH75, but I never even looked - that's how much I care about that)?

He could maybe use one of those with the DTVPal CECB ATSC tuner, since those recorders use an IR blaster.

(Good luck finding one for a reasonable price, though.)

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Yes they both record to DL, but in the EH-55 anyway the recording has to originate from the HDD. Can't directly record to DL discs. Note I've never successfully recorded to any DL disc but I'm just going off what the manual says. Their too expensive for me

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You never want to direct record to a DVD+R, whether it's a DL or not. What I would do is, gather enough video for say 8 hr., and dump them all to a DVD+r, or DVD+R DL, I don't trust multi-session

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/14199517

Does the EH55 or EH75 do DL (I have an EH75, but I never even looked - that's how much I care about that)?

He could maybe use one of those with the DTVPal CECB ATSC tuner, since those recorders use an IR blaster.

(Good luck finding one for a reasonable price, though.)

I have used DL disks on both my EH55 and EH75 recorders. They copy a bit slow compared to 8x -R disks, and there is a tiny blip on layer change, but otherwise it works as advertised. I use Verbatim +R DL blanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts