AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have an 11month old baby boy, also my master bedroom is on the opposite side of my entertainment set. Apparently there is no insulation in the wall between the two. My wife is always telling me it's too loud, but I can hardly hear anything while watching movies or tv.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with these budget headphones or can suggest others around this price range.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...9941265&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD2...9942023&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-EH-...9942039&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...9942051&sr=8-1

I've never had a pair of headphones so I have nothing to compare them to.

Also it will be hooked up to my Onkyo 805. (does the receiver amplify the headphones?)

I was leaning toward the HD457 due to the fact that I wear glasses.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'd save up for the 500 series myself, but if not I'd choose the 202s.

I wear glasses myself and have never had problems with closed headphones like those, in fact I prefer them.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaka1 /forum/post/16979546

Thanks. I may decide between the 202 or 457 still. I kinda want the open ear one so I can hear if my baby is crying or my wife is summoning me.

I think you are missing out on one of the major reasons why you should get headphones

I used to play on the PS3 with the logitech headset for the game with a "sound" headset for audio on top of the first - worked great didn't hear a thing going on in the house
. Usually when things cames flying at you from your spouse then it is time to get up......

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Recommendations for wireless Headphones or should I stick with the wired ones? thanks for all the above choices

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab /forum/post/16990386

I think you are missing out on one of the major reasons why you should get headphones

I used to play on the PS3 with the logitech headset for the game with a "sound" headset for audio on top of the first - worked great didn't hear a thing going on in the house
. Usually when things cames flying at you from your spouse then it is time to get up......

yeah, instead of her just telling me, "it's really loud you know" I may start getting hit by projectiles.

So that's why I'm deciding between the sen 202 or 457. I'm pretty sure the audio quality will be sufficient either way for me. Also, as Hicks (thanks) said that wearing glasses is not an issue, i was thinking that maybe the 457 my push my ears into my glasses.

I think I'll go to BB and try some on before ordering.

Oh yeah. Thanks for the other suggestions. I may consider them as well.

That's the problem with this forum. So much info and help but it just makes your decisions a lot more difficult. You guys all know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazk13 /forum/post/16995200

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of Grado 60's. You can find them for about $60 online and they will dust all those sennheisers you mentioned. Open air too.

Now you're making me rethink my budget.

The sr60s are about 3-4times more but it won't break the bank. It may result in the wife getting upset though.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiram /forum/post/16998902

try thhe grados before you buy them

alot of peoplelove the sound, but cannot stand the pads, they are said to be very uncomfortable, which would be an issue watching movies

The stock pads on the grado's has varied. Mine came with soft foam ones but some do come with harder foam. Softer foam replacement pads can be ordered for very little $$$

I use the soft ones and cut out a quarter sized hole in each with and exacto knive to open them up a bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went to BB and they had only Sony and Bose. Also, the only one you could demo was the ones by Dr. Dre (Beats), which was just under $160.

So i took a chance and ordered the Sennheiser hd 457 from Amazon. I figure I'm not going to be listening to it at high volumes and it's mostly for movies and TV when everyone is sleeping. And I was thinking the 202s might get hot because they cover your ears. I also have nothing to compare them with so I figure they will sound good enough.

I really wanted to buy the Grado 60's but couldn't get myself to pay that much for something I will use only casually.

thanks again for all the advice guys

·
Registered
638 Posts
Any body know of a good Bluetooth head phones? I have the Motorola dj style head phones that i use when i travel. does anyone else make good blue tooth head phones?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts