AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to upgrade my HT in a few steps. My toshiba 50h81 will be here tomorrow, i am planning on a new reciver, dish stbs, progressive jvc dvd/a, and s-vhs vcr to go with the few items i will keep from my old setup.

I would like to purchase new cables, i dont want to use the boxed cables that come with the componets, and i have used radio shack cables, but i have read some negative post on this forum.

I just left bettercables web site, and while they look good, they are out the price range i had budgeted for cables. Has any one used any that they can recomend for about half the price of what they get @ bettercables??

Thanks......

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
check out www.avcable.com

also AR makes a nice cable,and RS.although i found RS a bit tight,so i went with AR.AVcables will handle my feed from scalar to projector at 22ft.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Monster or AR. A great source for the AR stuff is Lowes......i use quite a few AR cables and am happy with them.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've been using Monster interconnects for a couple years... more recently i've been buying some CatCables www.catcables.com

check 'em out...

- Chip

·
Registered
488 Posts
howdy.

i recently bought a pair of ixos gamma cables from accessories for less and have to say that i really, seriously, found a big difference from my older "no name" cables.

they are originally $186.00 bucks, (!) but you can get them on sale right now for about $56. bucks.!!!

--(i don't think i would ever pay $200. for cables----)

i noticed a big difference when listening to guitar tracks. like flaminco -(sp?). you can hear each string.

they are a british company and they are not too well known here in the states. they also make very good speaker cable.

thanks, brandon

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zooplancton

i recently bought a pair of ixos gamma cables from accessories for less and have to say that i really, seriously, found a big difference from my older "no name" cables.

they are originally $186.00 bucks, (!) but you can get them on sale right now for about $56. bucks.!!!

--(i don't think i would ever pay $200. for cables----)
zooplancton:

Can you give me the website address for that site. ( www.accessoriesforless.com didn't work). I want to see their price for the Super Gamma 7 BiWire. Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks, Duane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.