AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my Canon 60D and I'm tired of no auto focus.

I Paint cars with a specialty rubber based Paint that peels off. So I like to record a moment explaining what was done, and then do a walk around showing some of the detail work.

For audio i use my H1.

Budget is $400.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
The Sony 8GB HDR-PJ275 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-in Projector could be used to view videos on a wall or screen after recording.
Quote:
1080/60p and 9.2MP Still Images

Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and take high quality 9.2MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.

Built-in Projector

The built-in projector features a 13 lumen output and screen coverage of up to 100" diagonal. Project your footage directly from the camera to view your day's shooting, or share memories without crowding everyone around the LCD screen. The HDMI Micro input allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output and use the camcorder's projector to display content.

NFC / Wi-Fi Control, Transfer, & Data Backup

Built-in NFC and Wi-Fi lets you turn your mobile phone and/or tablet into a remote control/viewing device. You can also transfer your files to your mobile device wirelessly for instant sharing, back up your data on your PC, and even enjoy your videos and photos on a TV without wires.

Please note: NFC feature requires NFC-compatible mobile device.

Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens

The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 29.8mm at the wide end of the focal range. Shoot distant subjects with a 27x optical zoom plus 54x Clear Image digital zoom. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos and video.

2.7" Clear Photo LCD Display

The 2.7" (16:9) Clear Photo LCD features 230K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.

SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode

Compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022658-REG/sony_hdrpj275_b_hdr_pj275_full_hd_handycam.html

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielhv  /t/1522369/which-camcorder-for-featuring-car-paint-jobs#post_24476818

I've been using my Canon 60D and I'm tired of no auto focus.

I Paint cars with a specialty rubber based Paint that peels off. So I like to record a moment explaining what was done, and then do a walk around showing some of the detail work.

For audio i use my H1.

Budget is $400.

Thanks!

Hi Daniel - and welcome to the forum! Any way to sell the 60D for $649 and buy a 70D for $1049 for $400 out of pocket? It has the fastest video autofocus in DSLR-world.

If you're not comfortable with that, you might want to consider the Panasonic DMC-FZ200, on sale for $387 at Amazon . This camera has fast, quiet autofocus, a viewfinder that keeps working when you're shooting video and 1080/60p.

Here is what this camera can do at a car show (please watch at 1080p):

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd prefer to move away from the dslr platform and into a dedicated video camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked out some at best buy today, those with the little projectors in them are cool!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba  /t/1522369/which-camcorder-for-featuring-car-paint-jobs#post_24477056

The Sony 8GB HDR-PJ275 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-in Projector could be used to view videos on a wall or screen after recording.
Quote:
1080/60p and 9.2MP Still Images

Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and take high quality 9.2MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.

Built-in Projector

The built-in projector features a 13 lumen output and screen coverage of up to 100" diagonal. Project your footage directly from the camera to view your day's shooting, or share memories without crowding everyone around the LCD screen. The HDMI Micro input allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output and use the camcorder's projector to display content.

NFC / Wi-Fi Control, Transfer, & Data Backup

Built-in NFC and Wi-Fi lets you turn your mobile phone and/or tablet into a remote control/viewing device. You can also transfer your files to your mobile device wirelessly for instant sharing, back up your data on your PC, and even enjoy your videos and photos on a TV without wires.

Please note: NFC feature requires NFC-compatible mobile device.

Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens

The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 29.8mm at the wide end of the focal range. Shoot distant subjects with a 27x optical zoom plus 54x Clear Image digital zoom. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos and video.

2.7" Clear Photo LCD Display

The 2.7" (16:9) Clear Photo LCD features 230K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.

SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode

Compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022658-REG/sony_hdrpj275_b_hdr_pj275_full_hd_handycam.html

I'm having a lot of issues finding comparisons between these newer Sony models... The pj-275 vs the 340 for instance....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up an open box canon r40 today at best buy. Talked them down to $189. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts