AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what ceiling mount do most people use for an Optoma H79 ? I have seen the Chief RPA-076 online, just wondering if there are other brands out there that are a better combination with this projector. I will have the projector mount hanging on about 12" extension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased the Chief mount through AV Science here and it worked great. In a previous projector set-up I rigged together my own mount because I thought spending money on a manufactured mount was a waste.

After having installed the Chief mount I think it was money well spent as the install went much smoother and looks much more professional. The Chief mount fit my H79 perfectly and allowed for both horizontal shift in location (with an additional lateral shift bar) and vertical adjustment (with a adjustable 1.5" threaded pipe).

To make matters even better, when I realized that I wanted my projector closer to the ceiling than the adjustable pipe would allow (would cover 6-12 inches in length), I just went to Lowes and picked up a shorter threaded pipe. Worked like a charm.

I can't imagine something else would work better. I think the Chief mount has about as much flexibility and is as idiot-proof as you can ask for.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Will a Vogel EPC4010 work? I really hope so since that's what's sitting in the ceiling since the last projector :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.