AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide which center to get to match my monitor 11 v.3's. Since my fronts are a little older I am wondering if I should get the new center - the CC-290 or CC-390. Or should I pickup a used CC-370 V.3.

Do you guys think the V.3 speaker will be a better match since they are of the same era or should I go with one of the new ones? Will the V.3 be better matched Timbre wise?

Also, which would you choose the CC-290 or CC-390? The 390 is much more expensive but I don't want to get the 290 and have it not fulfill the bill.

I appreciate any help you can give on this as I just want to make the right decision.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Probably too late to help, but I have the CC-390 with Monitor 11 V.5's and couldn't be happier.

I was using a basic Polk center for years and switching to the CC-390 was like night and day. Having a center that can play "low" and being so efficient has been eye-opening. Everything sounds better!

It seems a perfect match for the Mon. 11 v.5's. (Not sure how much difference between those and the v.3's though.)

It is a big beast though...around 60 pounds and around 40" wide. I used a keyboard stand rated to 150 lbs. and place it behind my flat panel tv...looks great, like it's resting on top of the tv. Take measurements and make sure you have room for such a big center if it's going on a stand/in an entertainment center!

Attachment 104422

1 - 3 of 3 Posts