AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If you want your system to sound good you NEED to get the matching center for your front L&R speakers. So if you have the Klipsch VF-36 towers the matching center is the Klipsch VC-25. The reason I say you need the matching center is because you want the sound as it travels from speaker to speaker to sound the same or as close to the same as possible. With Klipsch using compression horn loaded tweeters which is what is in your towers a regular dome tweeter center will sound totally different. And don't forget 90% of dialog and 70% of a movie's sound track is reproduced by the center speaker. So you definitely do NOT want to skimp on the center.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
yup get good quality center speaker, I went from Kef Q to Kef Reference and huge upgrade in sound quality. Get the matching center.
Quote:
looks best and cheapest,

Don't even waste your money on a non matching el-cheapo cheap model.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem is no one carries my center any more, the whole line is discontinued. Any idea where I can find it?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Not sure maybe try ebay or craigslist. Or if you can't find one at all maybe the new Klipsch Icon center KC-25 would work OK with your towers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I managed to find a vc-25 on ebay for a reasonable price.

My movie watching experience will be satisfied.

I'm amazed I found a center to match my towers and i'm very happy to have done the right thing for my system. Will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow i'm lucky to have found that center.............. absolutely amazing!

Gonna have to run audessy again tomorrow so I don't bother the neighbors.

Which satellites go with the vf-36 and vc-25? That is my next goal.

Oh and how prevelant is 7.1? I can put the sides as these cheap speakers when I get new rears

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Glad you like it so far...... The matching surrounds are the VS-14 speakers. They are half moon shaped and have 1 - 4" front firing woofer and 2 - 1" horn tweeters on angles on either side of the woofer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a VC-25 for my setup, now I just need the vr-14's which are impossible to find now. I hear the k series are similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts