AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have found any of them to be BAD for ANY reason, please let me know. Successful = the case or power supply that comes with it can not be attributed to any easily solved problems.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
You can check mine in the link below.

Nicholas

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Goth case is really good, main reason being that it will take any atx power supply, very important depending on the hardware you plan to putt in there or use in the future. Lots of places to hide cables and wires for that nice clean look. No vents of any sort in the housing which is an advantage if you intend to sound proof the case. Narrower than most which allows it to fit in more component racks, I've had trouble with others. It is not black, it is a dark grey. I had to paint mine which is fine because if you paint your drive plates too you know it will match exactly. If you're willing to paint you should be able to get the beige version even cheaper. I can't remember the model number but just search for retrofit on this forum and you should find it. I've had a few Antec cases in the past, usually towers, and I've always found even their cheap cases to be very well constructed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Avance ATX is a pretty good success. I modified the case and PS myself, and the noise/heat levels are acceptable (with celeron 1.3/TUSL), but the case layout itself was challenging with two hard drives and DVDRom. The position of internal drives is not very good for trying to get two on one IDE cable.

The size of the case is great -- more than makes up for the non-ATX-standard power supply since it was easily modified and I'm running a relatively cool machine to start.

matt

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm currently using Antec SXB1030 (aka 1103 model on the colorcases web site). Moved to a 600W power supply & 4 fans total. Have 5 drives in there for a total of 600GB of storage in a RAID 0 configuration (striped).

Video

MyHD for OTA HD & Radeon 7500 w/DVI out.

Processor

Dual Pentium III 800Mhz w/768MB RAM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there!

Mine´s the same as Nich´s. Bought it for about 40 bucks. I think the brand was called CTW ( CompTechWorld is the name of the shop here in Holland).

CTW Y800B black desktop (I would also say light-grey)

ATX 350W (standard)

AMD Duron 1200

Coolermaster with silent-fan mod

ECS K7S5A+LAN mobo

2x 256DDR (A-brand)

Xelo Radeon 7500

Creative SB 4.1 Digital

4Gb Seagate (5400rpm)

ASUS E-608 DVD (8x)

XP pro

WinDVD 4

[email protected]

C. YA!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jsl10
Nich... what case is that that you used?
Hi there

To answer your question!

Nich is using a:

AASHIMA WT-Y800B DESKTOP ATX 350W. BLACK

Model: WT-Y800B

Ext/Int: 2 x 3½" + 2 x 5¼" / 1 x 3½"

Size H/W/D: 140x440x445mm

Expansion Slots: 7

Power Supply: 350W CE2001

Motherboard: ATX

In Denmark found at www.datatel.dk ( kabinetter ) :)

I have the same 2 and it's a great looking case for not much money!

Price in dollars .. about 40$ i guess maybe less.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I personally have an extra charcoal case that I was going to put up on Ebay. It served me well until I got the DIGN case...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I want to get the black Avance case, but I have a few questions about it that I can't seem to confirm anywhere. How many fans of each size are standard for the Avance case? Is it the typical (2) 60 mm and (1) 80 mm arrangement? If so, is that "in addition to" the optional modification that www.digitalconnection.com offers, or does that take the place of one of the fans? Thanks!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually just got a reply from www.avancecorp.com saying it comes with:

1 x 6cm front fan

1 x 6cm rear fan (sits on top of included I/O shield)

I assume the front 6cm fan is what the Digital Connection mod replaces.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I successfully used this noise improved DigitalConnection case (if anybody is interested please pm me) until I just upgraded to a DIGN4e case. I did not find anything bad or wrong with the DC case, other than the design does not match very well with my HiFi equipment.

______

Axel

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Rick,

There is a place to install, but the fans are not included. We've decided not to use these as they add to the noise level, YMMV. We now add Silencer to the front of the case as shown at the spec page on our website.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone know if an 80mm fan would fit in the rear "optional" fan location that was designed for a 60mm fan (without modification) to this case?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
No, it won't.

·
Registered
898 Posts
so...should i get the goth black destop case ?

is it a good case ?

i would modify it neway ...i need more cooling

( would surely do a direct funnel from top directly to the cpu to get fresh air on it ..maybe work on air guides inside the case )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.