AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Many of you say that the Monster Cables are total rip offs. I am planning on buying Componenet Cables but I am not sure which brand is good. All I know is Monster Cables. I am hoping to use the component cables with the Xbox and with my DVD player. I know Monster Cables are bringing out a line of component cables specially for the Xbox that hooks up with the HDTV advanced pack. Will any component cable work or must it be those Monster cables for the Xbox?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I'm very partial to Audioquest cables. They are not cheap

but they are NOT a ripoff. Just because something is

pricy doesn't make it not worth it. Audioquest makes

superb cables... audio and video.

I use their YIQ2 component cables for my HDTV setup,

with RCA connectors at one end and BNC connectors at the

other, because I use the Inline IN3582 2-to-1 auto-switch.

http://www.audioquest.com/charts/chart11.html

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Target has 12' double shielded component cables with gold plated connectors for $19.99. They work perfect.

Rick R

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DSperber:
I'm very partial to Audioquest cables. They are not cheap

but they are NOT a ripoff. Just because something is

pricy doesn't make it not worth it. Audioquest makes

superb cables... audio and video.

I use their YIQ2 component cables for my HDTV setup,

with RCA connectors at one end and BNC connectors at the

other, because I use the Inline IN3582 2-to-1 auto-switch.

http://www.audioquest.com/charts/chart11.html
\\

Dperber,

Looked at the Inline web sight--did not see sales info. Where do you purchase their units. I need one to switch Mits HD5 STB and Sci Atlanta 2000Hd for HD cable into Mits 65905--any suggestion, I also use SVHS out of both and switch DD into receiver.

Thanks in advance

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bill Schmeling:

contact inline and they will direct you to a reseller in your area. I also own an INLINE 3582 switcher. It does a superb job in switching HD signal.

Here is the info:

Inline, Inc.

22860 Savi Ranch Parkway

Yorba Linda, CA 92887

Phone: 714-921-4100

800-882-7117

·
Registered
943 Posts
I purchased some RCA brand component cables on eBay. When I received them, I was disapointed in the shielding on them, It is not as thick as the cheap audio cables that you buy at a drug store. They claim that they have gold plated connectors and are made for HDTV component connections. I have ordered my HDTV, but not received it yet, so I have not used the cables yet.

Has anyone used RCA component cables and if so, how do they work.

Jerry

·
Registered
512 Posts
i have the rca component cables (the ones with the silver braiding on the outside right?) and i love em. i paid $20 for a set of 12 foot long ones at the wiz and compared them to my $100 1 meter long monster cables and can't see much difference. i'm no expert but the rca looked mighty fine for me. if i don't get the special xbox monster cable connection i might just get the microsoft hd a/v pack and hook up some more of those rca cables from it to my xbr400. no matter how expensive the cables you get for the xbox their weekest link will be the microsoft made hd a/v pack.

·
Registered
411 Posts
fluf,

I bought an S-video cable from AVCables for an extended run. I bought a specially made component RCA to BNC cable from Bettercables and a power cord from B-P-T. They were all great to deal with and helpful. I would not hesitate to buy again from any of the three. I have been quite pleased with their products as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.