AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since XM and Sirius have different connections, which will be adopted from now on? There are still some receivers with just one not the other. Will buying a receiver with both connections definitely solve that problem? Are they making antennas that pick up both now and come with both connections?

·
Registered
56 Posts
bump.

I'm looking at buying a new receiver now, and want to be prepared for this. My gf currently subscribes to sirius, so we have some of that equipment laying around.

That said, want to be ready for equipment updates in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie845 /forum/post/15505248

No, no one would know.

But now that this Spring they will finally have an all in one radio if you can find out what that uses you'll have your answer.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4951184&EDATE=

For $20/month I just stopped caring. I wonder if that's the only service that will be available or will they still have XM and Sirius separate also.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom P /forum/post/15506362

For $20/month I just stopped caring. I wonder if that's the only service that will be available or will they still have XM and Sirius separate also.

There suppose to be many other ala carte packages besides the $20 a month plan the article mentioned.

If memory serves me right an all music plan is starts at $6.99 a month. Then a few other plans that for extra money add on Stern, Sports, Talk, etc. up to the $20 a month plan. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's how this suppose to work when the all in one units hit the market. There will be a few ala carte package, not just the $20 one.

And since there's so many older units out there they will also have to keep the separate feeds of many, many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts