AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what owners of the HT1000 recommend for the NEC HT1000. Would the Pearlescent be too reflective for this projector? I have an HT which is completely light controlled.

Thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
897 Posts
As blacks don't need much help on this projector, I chose a 1.5 gain Video Spectra screen from Dalite. It is electric and can be stopped at any aspect ratio, eliminating the need for masking. It extends to 4:3. I like the punchy picture. Grey screens, for me, and you may feel differently, seem to take away a certain amount of three dimensionality (did I just make up a word?). That and my wife really didn't like any of the grey screens we previewed with different LCD and DLP projectors. I suppose we like our white to be white. When you stop down the contrast to 3000:1 you're getting a really vivid, dynamic and 3D picture.

Well that's my reasoning. I urge you to preview different materiels or go visit some setups in your area and see what suits you and your family.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answer Glenn. I see that the gain on the Video Spectra is the same as the Pearlescent. Any idea how these materials compare in other respects?

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottyb
I have a Grayhawk and it is plenty bright in a light controlled enviroment, even on econo mode.

Scott
I am wondering... does the higher contrast of your screen eliminate the blanking area of the projection that is slightly visable on a higherb gain screen?

RJ

·
Registered
897 Posts
Quote:
I see that the gain on the Video Spectra is the same as the Pearlescent. Any idea how these materials compare in other respects?
Hi Ralph,

The Video Spectra fabric is backed and used in non-tensioned screens. The Pearlesent is used in tensioned screens. In my application the thick screen materiel allows me to turn on lights in the room behind the screen giving me a nice backlit effect which heightens the perception of contrast.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm very interested in purchasing thi pj I want to use a 92" diagonal HD format.

I know that this pj is native 4:3. I want to be able to watch 4:3 material in the middle of the screen with black bar on the sides is this possible? or my only choice is to get a 4:3 screen.

I want a big movie teat her not a big tv.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Jose

You can either buy a 16x9 or a 4x3 screen. The question is what will you be watching more, TV or movies and not what your projector is.

If your system is mostly for dvd / hd viewing, then get yourself a 16x9 screen. If you are going to watch a majority of tv viewing, get yourself a 4x3 screen

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading form a LT150 to the HT1000.

I'm currently using a Da Lite Hi power 16:9 screen in a table top mounting set-up. Have someone teamed up the HT1000 with the hi-power?

regards,

Josesol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.