AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the KSW-10 and tried out the Energy take 5 setup as I was in the market to change things up myself. How big is your room? For me, while the Energy's were very nice and had a good sound they just weren't big enough for my room (roughly 18x20 but opened to both a hallway and my dining room/kitchen).

Additionally while I think I've gotten my money's worth out of the KSW-10 (I've owned it for several years now), I will be upgrading it very soon as it doesn't put out anything below right about 40Hz.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd go with the Energy's/Klipsch... but I believe the Energy's do drop lower than that at times. Enough that you could get a BIC F12 with them for about the same cash with some work. 8" sub is pretty small for an average sized room.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ordered both.

The MB8000 came yesterday. There are minor defects so I returned them and Dell shipped a replacement today, delivery scheduled Monday. The speakers are beautiful, very heavy, and sturdy. Total package is 64lbs.

The Klipsch and Energy package will arrive on Monday, too. They are half the weight of the MB8000, 30lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts