AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had direct tv installed comcast prices got way to high.

I have 1-- hd dvr

2 - hd receivers

4 - reg receivers

What satellite dish should have been installed???

I live just outside atlanta.

I have tried to research this, but haven't found my answers.

Also where is the best place to learn all I can about direct?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Should be a Slimline with the 5 or 3 LNB head, access to the 110 and 119 sats is no longer needed for HD channels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have direct tv they installed a swm3?? Is this correct for 1 hd dvr 2- hd

and 3 sd receivers????

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upi44 /forum/post/15473989

Have direct tv they installed a swm3?? Is this correct for 1 hd dvr 2- hd

and 3 sd receivers????

if you have a SL3 SWM then that will support up to eight tuners, your listed receivers/DVRs total seven so you should be good to go, assuming all your receivers are SWM-compatible (the SD receivers need to be D12s).

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Per PM..

"I asked which satellite for direct tv with 1 hd dvr 2- hd and 3 sd You replied a 3 or 5 lnb. I soke with the installer and he said they put in the swm 3?? is that what I want"

Yes, is there some programming your not getting? If you have all your channels why are you concerned with the dish type if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to make sure the system was set up appropriately? Tried to move a sd box to another tv and would not work. I called direct and they had me look at satellite and for some reason they felt (from my description) that the wrong satelitte was installed. Called the installer and he said it was a swm 3???

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If you have an older SD receiver, it won't work with that dish, you would need to go to a 5 LNB non SWM set up and it would probably require more cabling for the HD DVR also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts