AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im planning on getting a Diva HT setup consisting of at least 1 C3, 2R3 and two fronts either 4.1, 5.1 or 6.1.

As I am also getting a SVSsub (16-46CS+ driven with a Tripath Class-T TA0105A ) I am wondering which of the above mentioned fronts I should get. Is it a waste of money spending 1300$ for at pair of 6.1 or will the bass from the be enough/outplay either 5.1 or 4.1. As the SVS will be more than enough regarding bass frequencies, I dont really need the elements of the 6.1, only the excellent mid and high registers.

Please help me out in my choice of Diva front speakers.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Steiner83,

Unfortunately unless you plan to buy used, the Divas are no longer available. If you are lucky enough to find a pair on Audiogon, I would stick with the 6.1 for mains and the 4.1 or 2.1's for rears.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rt297,

I hope you're kidding me now. Well I last checked www.********** and they still have the DIVA speakers for sale.

I was actually planning on importing the speaker directly from the factory in China, but if they are not available i guess i have to find some used ones or make some more research of something eqvivalnt in the same price class. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Steiner,

The Onix Rockets have replaced the Diva line. They have a large following here and you can usually find the Rocket thread on the front page of this Forum. Give them a try and I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rt297, thanks, I almost read throug the whole thread abt Onix Rocket speakers and without doubt it seems to be a good follower to the Diva series. The only thing is that it will cost me some. I could get a hand on the above mentioned diva setup for abt 1300US in total, importing the stuff directly from China. Well guess I could get the Rocket at the same price level, only problem that I need to find some info abt the manufacturer....any idea?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Steiner83,

If you were able to get the Divas direct from China, they would not be the ones that were sold here by AV123. Those were custom voiced for the American market. The Rockets are designed, owned, manufactured and imported by AV123, and you can only purchase from them.

Worth the money though. :D

Good Luck,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rt297, you mean that the Divas made in China are not the same as the av123's. I got in contact with a local retailer in China via the Swanspeaker web-page.

In which way(s) would they differ do you think? The Rockets are, just as the Divas, originally manufactured in China, therefore the lower cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.