AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I've just sold my RP56 and upgraded to a HTPC. I still want a stand alone DVD player for CD playback & discs not worthy of the fp system.

I want to buy either DVD audio or SACD, but don't know which ones have built-in bass management capabilities. Does anybody know which ones do, and if they can be had for under $500?

·
Registered
413 Posts
The only DVD-A player with BM any where near $500 is the Denon DVD-1600 and it's only partial BM. It has a Low Pass Filter(LPF) only (100Hz), the mains remain full range. The LPF info gets summed with the LFE.

I don't know about SACD.

·
Registered
180 Posts
the pioneer dv-47a has (from what i hear) bass management for sacd only. But none for dvd-a...

I'd just pick up an all-in-one solution and snag the icbm-1 from outlaw. It's supposed to be very very effective for this purpose.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Coop,

What you hear is incorrect -- the DV-47A has no bass management for DVD-A and SACD.

Why not consider the ICBM? I realize it's a substantial fraction of the players budget, but its ability to perform the task exceeds that of most receivers.

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.