AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony's Click to DVD is really not that good. Neither is DVGate. But there are TONS of others out there and I'm getting confused.

DVDlab looks good as does WinDVD Creater 2 Platinum, Ulead has a couple, Nero, MyDVD.....

At a minimum it should allow completely customizable menus, multiple page menus, Direct Recording from sources, and ????

What have you tried, what have you liked/disliked? I have hundreds of DVDs to create in the next few years, your input is appreciated :D

DJ

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use Sonic MyDVD because it came with my DVD burner. It does what I ask of it, you can capture straight from a video source or encode other video formats. I prefer to encode my files separate from the app as TMPEG has a lot more customisation than it does. You can create custom menus (complete with animated backgrounds and your own graphics), menu trasitions, etc.

I have not really interacted with any other software. I would have to assume that the higher end packages, such as Pinnacle's offering , targeted at the higher-end market, would offer better control for more money.

·
Registered
779 Posts
For the complex stuff, I use Pinnacle studio edition. Complex, but worth every penny. It will also use the GPU in your video card to assist in rendering any cut scene's or animation.

For the easy stuff, Sonic mydvd or ulead dvd moviefactory are interchangable and fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.