AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent price drops on Pioneer's DVR-A03 and the introduction of HP's DVD100i, it looks like recordable DVD's are here. The problem is trying to figure out which one is most compatable with other home players.

The HP claims DVD+RW, where as Pioneer claims DVD-R, DVD-RW.

Both will record DVD's and the media runs from about $10-15.

Does anyone know which is best or has tried any of these units?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, I can't fine HP specs, I think it is same as Philips and it only records to DVD+RW media and I don't have any info about it.

supposedly it it compatible with DVD players.

Pioneer records to DVD-R media and it is 2X speed and it is compatible with most DVD players. Panasonic records to DVD-R and DVD-RAM and is 1X speed and DVD-R is same as pioneer's but DVD-RAM is only compatible with Panasonic top RP91 and "others 4th generation DVD players".

DVD-R media is less than $3 at http://store.yahoo.com/cd-recordable-dot-com/

Also Panasonic and Philips has set top DVD recorders, The Wiz sales Panasonic E20 for $999

Best regards Artur.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Autur, I understand there will be a firmware upgrade to allow the HP to burn DVD+R disc. The HP +RW media cost $15 but I guess the big thing is speed, the HP has a higher bps rate from their ads.

The Pioneer sells for a little more than the HP now. I saw it for something like $560 where the HP was $540. HP claims most newer players can play their DVD+RW's but you would need to know up front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.