AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a reliable and stable DVD player, that also provides the best sound and pic quality (and also ffdshow). I'm not sure about TT because it looks like it has a lot of bugs. I heard PowerDVD is stable but is the image quality good and Can I use fddshow with it? For audio I plan to pass DD or DTS via spdif. Also being able to play media files is important.

·
Registered
16,917 Posts
TT is very impressive and offers great PQ [ using Sonic filters ] however WinDVD 5.3 is slightly better in the PQ department IMO .

-- You might want to wait for a final purchase and try some demos since the new Nvidia player is coming very soon and has been said to offer the best PQ yet ;) .

-- I think with a little work all the filters will be able to work with ffdshow [ using Zoomplayer as your front-end ] .

-- TT is very user friendly and ffdshow is just a click away .

----- Best Wishes ,

------ Jason

·
Registered
16,917 Posts
TT does not like anything other than straight DVD video from my experience [ no svcd either ] .

---- Jason

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Which DVD players behave the same whether the movie is on the DVD or has been put on the HD? Currently, my only specialized HT programs are the ones ATI sent with my graphics card, and the "file player" for files on the HD isn't nearly as good as the DVD player I get when it's still on the DVD in the optical drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.