AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone who has these units can tell me what is the cheapest brand of blank dvd-r's will work with these machines? I had the Panasonic E-30 and the Apple DVD's and TDK worked fine. I tried to use cheaper ones, like the Computer City branded ones and it froze up the machine. I'm planning on getting the E-50 soon and will need to back up a lot of stuff so just wanted to see if I can save some money. I know there are a lot of cheap blanks out there but I'm scared to try each one to see if it works because when my machine froze the first time I almost had to break it to get the disc back out. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had great luck with the Princos DVD-R on the HS2. I paid 0.79 in a 100 piece lot 2 months ago. Prices may have gone up a bit since then.

Jeff

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Samsung BeAlls have a very good reputation. They are around $1.60 at meritline.

There are a lot of posts with mixed results on the cheaper (

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PatsWonSB
The Samsung BeAlls have a very good reputation. They are around $1.60 at meritline.

Yes

That's what I paid.

You got that straight.

It could be a bunch of hooey, but after reading that Govt. Institutions were using BeAlls for backing up stuff, that was a good enough promo for me.

I want to back my stuff up so I can have copies for a lifetime, not just a couple of years and have the disks flake out on me, plus after reading that they are one of the most compatible disks in other machines, I was sold.

Get the BeAlls and rest assured you got yourself a good product.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PatsWonSB

I bought a pack from Meritline (meritline_online) via ebay where they're a bit cheaper. $74, shipped, for a pack of 50 (1.48/disc). $133, shipped, for a pack of 100 (1.33/disc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.