Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have a 6000U HDTV receiver and Dish satellite. I am planning to buy a Digital (HDTV capable) PVR so I can choose to record dish TV programs (even HDTV ones at times).

Which PVR/DVR would you recommend? My budget is around $300? I realize that Dish has now come with integrated boxes (i.e., PVR + HDTV reciever), but I don't want to throw away my 6000U. Or is it cheaper to get the combo?

Thanks for your advice/info.

Amar

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
amar,

For Dish Network, there is only one HDTV DVR available, the $999 Dish 921.

There is no way to record HDTV from your Dish 6000 receiver. With current state of technology, the only HDTV DVRs available are those that are integrated -- cable HDTV STB w/ DVR, Dish HDTV STB w/ DVR, DirecTV HDTV STB w/ PVR , etc. There are currently no standalone HDTV PVRs available for purchase that can record the encrypted HDTV on cable and/or satellite.

DVRs are obviously much cheaper if you don't care about the ability to record full resolution HDTV. Many members on this forum have chosen to rent a HDTV DVR from their cable company for $10-19/mo until more affordable HDTV PVRs become available for purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.