AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go with this cooling setup from CoolerGuys ( http://www.coolerguys.com/840556086352.html )

That comes with the SlipStream 1200 RPM fans. I was thinking that I should substitute the S Flex 1200 RPM fans instead because I've heard they are very quiet.

What do you think? Which fan is better? Should I stick with the 1200 RPM models in terms of speed?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I haven't had any experience with the SlipStream fans but I have S-Flex fans in my computers at home and my workstation at work. They are very quiet. After the first time I installed one I ordered more and switched out every fan in the cases with S-Flex. I haven't had any quality issues with them either and I have been using them for a while now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've got a 1200rpm Slip on the front vent of my PC - it's VERY quiet. However, it's a sleeve bearing (IIRC), so going with the S-Flexes (more expensive) with their FDB's might be a better proposition, since you'll be in a "install and forget" situation (I always swap my stuff around in my 'puter). Only issues I've heard with FDB's are their tendency to leak, but that was only with SilenX fans.

And you'll be VERY hard pressed to hear 1200rpm fans more than a few feet away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.