Votes: 38 31.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the DVD folks are here I wanted to ask everyone to see what format, if any, they will support once they make the switch to HD?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
No need to take sides anymore. LG has a dual player as well as someone else who showed it at CES.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I buy both, I dont feel like I support them in any other way though... although that could be considered support. But yeah... I buy and watch both. I have a PS3 and HD-XA2 and Im happy with both.

The new dual player, it plays both HD DVDs and Blu-ray discs or just its own discs the hybrids?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am staying out until the formats become a little more affordable. Also since I only have component HD inputs in my HT, I have to have a wait and see appoarch to see if the studios start flagging discs to down res. to SD over component. So far I haven't heard of any discs being flagged, but being my luck they would get me hook, line, and sinker and start flagging discs.

A PS3 is going to be awful tempting when the new Gran Turismo game is released on it.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Well I'm on HD-DVDs side at the moment manly becase the players were cheeper and I prefere more of the HDDVD movies at this moment although I may go blu as the players are becoming cheeper. Which is what is holding back a lot of pepole a grand is a lot to spend on a player.

But as far as the combo is more blu then HD-DVD it does not have all the options of a HD-DVD player so I'd rather have to players then that player ay this momment...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I think people should decide quickly so we can end this war early. It benefits no one if this were to drag on and on for years with people buying a potentially dead format.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/0

Well I'm on HD-DVDs side at the moment manly becase the players were cheeper and I prefere more of the HDDVD movies at this moment although I may go blu as the players are becoming cheeper. Which is what is holding back a lot of pepole a grand is a lot to spend on a player.

But as far as the combo is more blu then HD-DVD it does not have all the options of a HD-DVD player so I'd rather have to players then that player ay this momment...

Have to agree with you there.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexa695 /forum/post/0

No need to take sides anymore. LG has a dual player as well as someone else who showed it at CES.

You might want to read more about that LG. It's not a complete HD-DVD player.

·
23,039 Posts
Sorry wrong forum. There's already HD forums for this stuff. The whole "taking sides" stuff total nonsense. If you like watching hidef movies, you'll support any, and all, formats if you're able.

larry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.