AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please suggest a freight company to use for shipping a Sony 1272Q Projector.

I am shipping the uinit in a travel case and shipping from NY to WI, I got a quote of $417.00 which I think is high.

Thanks...

·
Registered
153 Posts
You could try www.freightquote.com . I beleive that is their site. You may have to setup an account but last I knew it didn't cost anything to do so. They can give you prices that multiple shippers would charge. When I was checking on shipping a projector I had quotes all over the board.

It's worth a shot,

Brad

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used BAX. The ship all over the country. I shipped my 1270 in a large anvil case that came with it. 200lbs was the listed weight. It was $200 just a little over or a little under. I think it took three days. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
If there is a Forward Air terminal at the destination and picking up at the terminal is not a problem then Forward Air will save you money. A 200 lb shipment from coast to coast will cost less than $100.

Bob Wood

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Bob told me about forward air...I have an XG110LC that is leaving from Florida to San Francisco for $56...then covering the cost of damage at $4,500 for another $26...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
$400 to ship a projector is silly.

I used Overnite with great results. Can not remember the cost but it was under $100.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the great tips, I decided to go with Forward Air. The shipping charges came to a total of $65 with insurance. Two days ago I thought the $417 quoted by Consolidated Freightways was more or less acceptable.

The only thing that I do not know is how careful they would be with the package, which is an anvil case. I guess, insurance will take care of any damages.

Thanks again

Regards

Rohit

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
It's always a concern with any form of motor freight shipping, Rohit.

But if your road case is sturdy and there is good cushioning in it for the pj then you should be okay with FA. I've successfully shipped over 100 coin operated machines with them.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.